What is Kilya® ?
Kilya® patch is a heating patch that is used to relieve painful periods, also known as dysmenorrhoea.
Kilya® patch is a medical device (type II a)
The working principle of the Kilya® patch is based on thermotherapy.
How does the Kilya® patch work ?
The working principle of the Kilya® patch is based on thermotherapy. The heat of the patch is generated by rapid oxidation of iron powder associated with quartz monzonite powder.
The Kilya® patch emits far-infrared radiation to warm and relieve muscle tension in the lower abdomen.
The radiant heat uses the bodyâ€™s natural circulation to diffuse heat and increase blood flow to the uterus. The constant soothing heat activates heat receptors in painful areas and blocks the detection of pain signals.
Most painful menstrual cramps are caused by strong muscle contraction. The low-intensity heat treatment of the Kilya® patch helps to relax the muscles and thus effectively relieves menstrual cramps, as well as reducing and effectively relieving pain.
The Kilya® patch provides an effective and moderate temperature without skin irritation.
Be sure to fix the Kilya® patch to your underwear. Do not apply the patch directly to the skin!
- Can be used for up to 8 hours
- Maximum temperature reached: 50° - 60° C
- Simple and comfortable to use, it is designed to be portable and easy to use by applying the patch to the concerned area (Hot Pack type sticker)
How to use the Kilya® patch ?
Take the Kilya® patch out of the sachet and shake it gently: the heating reaction will start automatically and progressively.
Remove the film in order to reveal the self-adhesive area.
Fix the Kilya® patch to your underwear: panties, bodysuit, etc
WARNING: The Kilya® patch should not be placed directly on the skin.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
- Do not apply directly to the skin to avoid any risk of burns
- People with sensitive skin should take particular care
- To be used under supervision with children and people with disabilities
- For external use only
- Donâ€™t use in Pregnancy
- Use of adolescents from 12 years of age
- Should not apply the patch with abnormal menstrual cycles
- Store in a well-ventilated place; avoid exposure to sunlight.
- Carefully handle sachets containing patches; avoid shocks or damage.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
The Kilya® patch is registered as a medical device in Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
Available in Belgium from 05/10/2020